a little bit of humor

a little bit of humor

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Brief Lifetime

Although I may not understand the twenty-minute lifetime fully, I will give it a shot. My perception of this phenomenon, in every day life, is when a person makes a concious decision that will alter the course of their life drastically. I know that the twenty minute life time we have been speaking of in class refers more to literally feeling the aging of a lifetime in twenty minutes, but for more practical purposes I suppose my thoughts on it will suffice. While making a life changing decision, time slows down and drags to a near halt. This could be part of the feeling of a life time, but I would rather see the true lifetime as an aftershock of that decision, which was conveyed or decided in twenty minutes. An example of this could be when a person decides between two careers while choosing their major for college. If one path is taken, the life of that person will be completely different than if they had chosen the alternate path. Although this may have seemed like a comparatively small decision, measured against a lifetime, the person may not realize the gravity of what they have decided. This, in my opinion, is an everyday account of the twenty minute lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment