a little bit of humor

a little bit of humor

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nap Time

I took a nap in Leigh Lounge today, easily my favorite place on campus, and had an interesting, although abbreviated, dream. I had awoken, suspecting my treasonous phone of missing its set time to alarm me, and I soon dozed off again, realizing I still had a whole three minutes to sleep. In these three minutes I dove into blackness, but not the blackness experience while not dreaming, but a blackness of anticipation, like the uncertain darkness before opening your eyes when you know someone is staring at you. Very eerie indeed. This black anticipation grew and grew until finally, in my dream, I opened my eyes to see a man wielding a hammer high above a rock. Staring straight at me, he brought the hammer down with a crashing blow, crushing the rock and jolting my body into a violent convulsion, which led to my awakening. Sparks flying from the rock became the lights hanging from the ceiling of the Leigh Lounge. My eyes seemingly open to reality this time, I realized my treasonous phone had indeed neglected to alarm me, and I set off for class, which was cancelled (something I daydream about on a regular basis...except for emergent lit., that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment