a little bit of humor

a little bit of humor

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Listlessness

I wandered about today and saw several things. I saw a cat with yellow eyes, black fur, an evil countenance and a gruesome personality. After said cat I experienced a table with four legs, made of wood, would I have looked closer, I'm sure the wood would have been identifiable, and one leaf. Outside I saw my car docked, a cadillac (not of the modern type), gray in color, square in shape, a veritable boat. I also studied the contents of my backpack, which, very much like my room, was in upheaval. There was a notebook, the Four Quartets by T.S. Elliot (browny points?), Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison, an Almanac, which I always carry, erasers, pens, pencils, scraps of nondescript paper, Kettle Brand potato chips, three folders (red, blue and gray), my passport (in case I need to flea...ha kidding), deodorant, a bouncy ball, shnozmitts (Joycean word of my own fabrication), a flash drive, an i clicker (arhg), cough drops; mentho-lyptus flavored(as if any flavor could make cough drops good), some money and last but not least, a piece of plastic which used to cover one of my books. Not least, I say, because this piece of plastic could serve a number of purposes. In the beginning it covered a book but now the possibilities are endless. With its bag-like shape it could carry a sandwich, an orange, any lunch-like accoutraments, it could plug a hole in a not-so-tight window, it could cover pressed flowers in need of preservation, it could be used to smother afore mentioned cat (I'm not a creepy cat killer and I would never harm an animal but this cat and I do NOT see eye to eye), it could be used as a garbage sack, etc. Like I said the possibilites are endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment